||Sushi Kitchen Helpers
||Kimono Japanese Restaurant – Lexington, NC
|Job Open Date
|Job Close Date
||Open Until Filled
||Commensurate with Experience
|Type of Shift
||Full-time position – Must be flexible to work on the weekend.
|Essential Job Functions:
- Greets and welcomes guests upon arrival to the sushi lounge area.
- Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking using a variety of kitchen equipment (including but not limited to broilers, ovens, grills, and fryers).
- Responds promptly and courteously to guest requests and provides guests with information about Kimono foods. Ensures guests are satisfied with food quality and service.
- Performs shift opening and closing duties as assigned by manager on duty such as cleaning the neta cases, cutting boards, fryers, grills and floors.
- Is knowledgeable about and complies with the Company’s standards on food portioning, cooking methods, quality standards, kitchen recipes, policies and procedures.
- Maintains kitchen, cooking areas, sushi counters, kitchen equipment, knives and food storage areas clean, sanitary and organized. Reports any kitchen/sushi equipment or maintenance issues to the manager.
- Prepares foods in accordance with the Company’s portions standards and recipe specifications prior to cooking, including battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating foods. Properly handles ready to eat food that is served raw.
- Adheres to the Company’s guidelines on proper food presentation and garnishes for all dishes.
- Handles, stores, labels, and rotates foods properly and in accordance with public health safety, state and local laws.
- Uses knives, hand tools, utensils, and equipment to portion, cut, slice, julienne, whip, beat, maintain holding temperature, chill, freeze or otherwise produce food for the dining room, sushi lounge and bar.
- Adheres to Company guidelines on alcoholic beverage service.
- Presents a clean and neat appearance and uses a courteous manner with all guests.
- Immediately notifies restaurant manager when guests are not satisfied with their experience or if an accident occurs.
- Participates and joins restaurant staff in ensuring guest special occasion celebrations are memorable. Upon request or at the direction of the company, may be asked to photograph and/or be photographed with guests.
- Performs other duties as assigned by a supervisor.
|| No experience necessary, but some kitchen experience preferred